Present: Wally Bengston, Sherry Campbell, Mark Hansen, Sharon Peterson, Mitzi Steffen, Lee Ann Anderson, Pr. Mary Fiel and Donna Whitney
Pastor opened with a reading from 1 Samuel 15. She followed with a prayer.
Chairman Wally Bengtson called the meeting to order at 6:02 pm.
Secretary’s Report (Lee Ann):
Wally said that the date for the outside worship at VegsundPark is July 11th, not the 13th.
Sharon motioned to accept the amended minutes and Mitzi seconded. All voted aye to accept the minutes.
Treasurer’s Report (Donna Whitney):
Donna reported that the current balances and asked for any questions.
Sherry motioned to accept the report and Mitzi seconded it. All voted aye to accept the treasurer’s report.
Pastor officiated 8 regular services and 2 Memorial Day services.
She had 1 baptism, 1 funeral and visited members.
She mentioned Fireside Fellowship as being a time to informally get together. The big pile of trees on Siloa property will be hopefully burned during one of the times.
Pr. Mary is looking forward to a future study of Revelations using material from a professor at Luther Seminary. She will try to borrow the materials needed.
August 3-4 are the dates set for VacationBibleSchool with Salem. It will involve swimming time at Springvale Campground and an overnight sleepover at Salem.
Pulpit supply is needed for a Sunday in July. Pastor will take care of this.
Siloa’s share of pastoral expenses is $18.13. and mileage expense is $36.05. We unanimously agreed to pay these expenses.
Worship and Music (Mitzi):
Mitzi asked if it is OK to put the pew Bibles back. It was agreed to do so.
She mentioned that the volume on Facebook recorded services is not good. She questioned if the mike and camera should be set up front to alleviate the problem. After discussion it was agreed to try the camera up front.
Property Committee (Mark):
Mark said that the Swifter is missing.
A new storm door is needed for the annex entry. Mark has looked at new doors at Menards and says that we can get one for around $250.00.The one we have is bent and old. Lee Ann motioned to have the property committee replace the door up to $250.00. Mitzi seconded and all voted aye.
Christian Discipleship (Sharon):
Sharon said that several cards have been sent since the last council meeting.
There was discussion about the boxes of food from the food shelf. It was decided to give our congregation one more Sunday to choose items and then take it over to Salem. What is left will be taken to New Pathways.
No news on kitchen remodel project that WELCA is planning.
It was questioned about moving the graves in the cemetery so the horseshoe drive could be completed. This is a cemetery board item and it will be turned over to them. They had been working on the idea when Wayne Johnson was part of their committee.
We need people to head the organization of events coming up this summer. Mitzi volunteered to call Bob Anderson about the pig roast/corn feed.
Next month we will meet July 13th at 6:00 pm.
Mark made the motion to adjourn. Meeting was adjourned at 6:35 pm.
Unapproved minutes respectfully submitted, noting correction to the Pig Roast/ Corn Feed date.